Monday, May 20, 2013 by Paul Resnikoff Timing is everything, but should you time your posts on places like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and LinkedIN? Absolutely yes, according to Social Caffeine, which aggregated this list of best practices.
Whether you like it or not, being a music artist is about more than just a great voice. You have to have the IMAGE to match, as image plays a HUGE role in how people choose what to listen to and what to pass on. Your all-important headshot is the FIRST impression new fans get [...]
There are more ways than ever to release an album these days. Physical. Vinyl. Download only. CD Sampler. EP. Full-length. Double Album. Some artists are even making cassette tapes and 8-tracks for the vintage/ironic vibe. Some artists are opting for more single releases and holding off on full length albums for years. Some artists are [...]
Writing fresh, original lyrics is a challenge for every songwriter. You must say something very specific to be universal, but sometimes all the words coming out just sound like things you’ve heard before. And even more, an artist needs a signature song to cut through and stand out above the noise. What’s a signature song? [...]
By Alex Pham, Los Angeles | May 15, 2013 1:07 PM EDT Chris Yerga, Google’s Android Engineering Director, unveils All Access Music, the company’s on-demand music streaming service, at the Google I/O Developers conference in Silicon Valley. Credit: Alex Pham / Billboard. Google Inc. jumped into the increasingly crowded music subscription business Wednesday, announcing an [...]
Examining the trickle-down effect of concert cancellations, including insurance precautions and the impact on artists, promoters and crew members May 03, 2013 — 3:54 pm PDT By Nick Krewen / GRAMMY.com When Lady Gaga was forced to cancel the remaining 22 dates of her Born This Way Ball tour in February due to a labral [...]
No albums are currently listed.
No tour dates are currently listed.
- IDMG Presents March 5, 2013
- Hit-Boy “Jay-Z Interview” April 23, 2013
- Apple’s iTunes Turns 10; How It’s Changed Music April 26, 2013
- Digital music: Can streaming save music sales? May 2, 2013
- Backbeat: Eve, Soledad O’Brien Talk Making It As a Woman in Male-Dominated Biz at XX Project May 2, 2013
- The Best (and Worst) Times to Post on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest… May 20, 2013
- Why a Great Headshot is Worth Money in the Bank May 20, 2013
- When to Announce Your Album Release Date May 20, 2013
- Writing Better Lyrics: Moving Past the Cliche and Into Your True Voice May 20, 2013
- Google Launches ‘All Access’ Music Streaming Service May 15, 2013